COVID-19: Australian Government
Supporting Australia’s national COVID-19 response
Aspen Medical has been engaged by a number of Australian Government departments to support the national COVID-19 response effort. Aspen Medical is currently providing a range of services and advice to these clients, specifically:
- the development of COVID-19 advice and alerts, including regular updates, particularly covering the Federal employees at both of the initial Australian entry points when Australian and other Pacific Island citizens were evacuated from China
- the determination of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements for evacuees, aircraft staff and Christmas Islands staff, and then provision of PPE to the Australian Government to meet these requirements (15 pallets of PPE, including masks, gloves, goggles and gowns) within 60 hours. This was requested by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) from their prime logistics contractor, Palladium
- the provision of a clinical team to both evacuation centers in Northern Australia and Darwin to support the return of evacuees to Australia from China, including provision of PPE and medical equipment within 48 hours of request for deployment. This was contracted by the Department of Defense through their prime logistics contractor, Broadspectrum
- the provision of testing equipment to Australian air and seaports within 24 hours of a request from the Department of Health.
In support of the Australian Government’s response to COVID-19 being declared a pandemic, Aspen Medical has been engaged to:
- provide online Infectious disease training, focusing on COVID-19, for to 150 organisations across the country. In the first 24 hours the training was completed by 10,000 healthcare professionals and care givers
- provide face-to-face Infectious disease training, focusing on COVID-19, training at 100+ Primary care clinics across Australia where Respiratory Clinics have been erected. The online and face to face training was developed and approved by the Department of Health, and then loaded, beta tested and rolled out across a cloud-based platform within 5 days
- procure significant volumes of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), from gloves to gowns, goggles to safety glass, and several different types of masks, often in the tens of millions. Aspen Medical has sourced almost 50% of the Australian Government’s requirement in a matter of weeks.
Aspen Medical is providing several hundred clinical professionals to assist Health Direct, a government-funded service, providing quality, approved health information and advice, to provide screening support for COVID-19 related telephone calls on 24/7 basis. This service was stood up in less than 5 days from the initial inquiry to taking calls for citizens concerned over Coronavirus. These staff are trained by Aspen Medical before commencing their vital call center service. Aspen Medical is also providing a 24/7 management oversight team to support all the clinical staff in the call center.
- rapid response required
- politically sensitive
- supply chain management.